Pages

WordPress error with capabilities.php, classes.php and the_excerpt_reloaded() fatal error

For some reasons, I just recently receive the following errors on one of my blog hosting account. Nothing has changed on the WordPress side. I was wondering what was changed on the hosting side. However, I could not get hold with the hosting company support. I finally found the resolutions.

Here is the error message suddenly appear. It seems to me something went wrong with the wordpress plugin.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/powecha8/public_html/blogontshirt/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 31

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/powecha8/public_html/blogontshirt/wp-includes/classes.php on line 88

I have also got the following error because I used the excerpt_reloaded plugin, which is using the above two php files.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: the_excerpt_reloaded() in /home/powecha8/public_html/blogontshirt/wp-content/themes/silhouette-3column/home.php on line 20


Problem:
The problem is because the PHP magic_quote was on. I guess the hosting company reset the value and make it default to ON, which should be turned off.

Resolution:
Add the following line to the customized php.ini file under the root of the hosting account.

magic_quotes_runtime=off
magic_quotes_gpc=off


Or

Add the following lines in to the .htaccess file at your root of hosting account.

php_flag_magic_quotes_runtime off
php_flag_quotes_gpc off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. If you find the tip and trick useful, feel free to share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and G+!