Pages

[Solved] WordPress Shortcode Manager Plugin UTF-8 Issues

I love using ShortCode Manager in the Wordpress to handle extra content that is unique to my situation. It allows me to code PHP and dynamic content in the shotcode and use it on WordPress page or post.

However, the Chinese characters in the ShortCode just become garbage and bunch ? mark.



The problem is that the ShortCode Manage create a custom database table called wp_shortcodes. 
The table and column Collation is by default to latin1_swedish_ci, which doesn't support UTF-8.

So all you have to do is to change the collation for the table and columns to utf8_general_ci or in my case utf8mb4_unicode_ci

I use PHPMyAdmin in CPanel to get it done manually after install the plugin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. If you find the tip and trick useful, feel free to share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and G+!