Pages

Run System File Scan on Windows 10

My new Windows10 Dell laptop start having some trouble calculating the battery life when it's on battery mode while I was working in Starbucks. It clearly shows my laptop will only last for 1 minute while it still has 43% battery power left.

I tweeted about it and got a reply from Microsoft Support Team asking me to run system check.
The comment is very simple. You can find more info about it here!

sfc /scannow 

Here is what I got so far. I will continue update the status.


What is more complicate is that you have to run DISM command to actually fix it or run the system file scan multiple time. That doesn't make sense. Why Microsoft makes it so complicate?

After scanning the system files, I got this message.
The log file is 15MB Huge. It doesn't really tell me what to do and where the problem is.

So I first ran the DISM Command:


Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

It generated no error.

So I ran another command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
It's now 100% successfully scanned.
Ran the system file scan again. 

And guess what? I got the same message saying there are corrupted files found. Crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback. If you find the tip and trick useful, feel free to share with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and G+!